Sunday, May 25, 2008

quick introduction

well, on many levels, it has taken me far too long to reach this point-a small scale example, just now, it took me almost 45 minutes to get to the blog spot, I had to call Hunter and ask him to come over help, so since I can feel this amazing Sunday afternoon slowly passing me by I will be brief here, in an attempt to, as Hunter says, get the ball rolling--this blog was birthed of a conversation with Darin a couple of days ago-we were going over the lineup to the summer solstace festival (which of course is going to be great-3 days-I don't know off the top of my head probally 30 bands) and he was trying to explain to me which band was which and we were trying to remember who played with who at a show back in November and even with the two of us working in tandem (so much for community in action) we couldn't remember the show-so I thought it would be a good idea to keep a historical journal of the shows, who played, where they were coming from, what the show is like-I'm not going to attempt to critically analyze the musicianship (or bother with punctuation or run-on sentences evidently) I just want to record the event and of course a show is an extremely subjective universe--but to back up and introduce ourselves--we are a intentional community minded collective house (you could say commune, you could just say a family) consiting of Darin and Lauren, whom I'm sure you probably have met, the shows are pretty much their baby (siblings of 3 actual kids of course), and let's face it you (hypothetical reader) probably linked to this blog from their myspace page, then there's me the fly on the wall, and our good friend John--Darin's older daughters are with us about half the time, my kids on the weekends, and all the time Danali who just celebrated his 3rd birthday, and this kid is a rocker I kid you not--so it's a family affair--we believe in the power of music to be the center point of a social event--we are trying to save rock and roll from the bar scene--our shows start early, we try to always be done well before our local noise ordinance goes into effect by 11--we usually have at least 1 touring band and 1 local act, the local act (who are the true heroes of the scene) play for free and the door goes to the touring musicians to keep them afloat and (hopefully) to the next gig, as somebody pointed out really all of the money goes to oil executives in the end, but ain't that america--so that's it for now, stay tuned and I'll tell you about last night's psychobilly show, and of course we have our all acoustic folk by the firepit show tonight--so come on by and let's keep rocking.

1 comment:

ktg said...

i'm not hypothetical.